Monday, June 18, 2007

Getting Ready



It's finally hitting me that we're leaving the Bay Area in the next couple weeks. We have an apartment in Portland, we booked a mover, and bought a plane ticket. Today, I start the packing. Blech.


I'm excited about our move, but at the same time, I will miss San Francisco. I'll miss long walks through Golden Gate Park, our corner farmer's market, the sound of the MUNI train, even our small old apartment and all its idiosyncracies.


There are still parts of San Fran that I haven't explored yet, but that's okay. We're pretty sure we'll be back to visit.



We won't know anyone in Portland, but we're pretty sure we'll meet people through ESK and church. To the left is ESK's friend BK (born 3 days before E) who also just left San Francisco last week. If you can't tell, they're holding hands. Us two moms were going crazy during this photo shoot.


We visited Portland a few weeks ago, and just walking around got me pretty excited. Even E seemed to be taking in her new surroundings. The apartment we found is in a great neighborhood full of galleries, restaurants and shopping! Visitors are welcome!

7 comments:

RBK said...

love the pics! did you pose the babies? or did they somehow get their fingers intertwined on their own? can't wait to see portland :)

Allie said...

I heard portland is the number one place in the usa for families to live. I hope to visit. :)

Annibelle said...

Ooh Portland (Oregon I hope!) I'm soooo jealous!

Are you guys in the Pearl District?

Jin C said...

We're moving too!

yellowinter said...

sounds like a delightful neighborhood. hope the move goes well.
you look fabulous btw. :)

jl said...

good luck with move, super mom! you and E look great!

RBK said...

ok, so when does ORjunio come out?